Tenants contents insurance
We insure the structure of your home, but our cover doesn’t include what’s inside it; your furniture and personal belongings.
Think about how you would cope if you lost your valuables due to a burglary, fire or flood. If you have to replace the contents of your home, it could prove very expensive. We therefore strongly recommend that you get your personal belongings insured against theft, fire, flooding and accidental damage.
We have negotiated a special home contents insurance scheme, arranged by Aon through Aviva, whereby you can insure your contents and have peace of mind.
This scheme is open to all EFDC tenants and leaseholders and benefits include:
- The option to pay for the insurance weekly, fortnightly, monthly or annually
- Several methods of payment options
- Special low minimum sums insured
- New-for-old cover (except linen and clothing)
Special low, minimum sums insured
The lowest amount that can be insured is:
- £6,000 if you are over the age of 60 – weekly cost standard cover = £28
- £9,000 for all other people – lowest weekly cost standard cover = £1.71
You should review the level of cover that you have chosen on a regular basis to make sure that it is sufficient to cover your needs.