You can pay your Business Rates by instalments over 10 months, 12 months, half-yearly or yearly, by cash, cheque or by debit or credit card.
There is a surcharge for credit card payments.
There are 4 different ways to pay by instalments:
The statutory scheme which you will automatically receive with your bill, gives 10 monthly instalments payable on the 10th of the month running consecutively from April to January.
You can also request to pay by any of the following methods
- By 12 monthly Direct Debit payments spreading your payments from April to March (please note that the number of instalments will be reduced if the plan starts late, the final payment will remain in March)
- By 12 monthly cash, cheque or by debit or credit card. A surcharge will be applied for credit card payments but not to debit card payments.
- Half-yearly payments to be made in April and October
- A yearly payment to be made in April
- If you wish to change your instalment plan from the statutory 10 instalments or you are having problems paying, we may be able to make an alternative arrangement please contact the Business Rates section
- You can pay by any of these instalment plans by Direct Debit see above