Recycle small waste electrical items
You can now recycle small waste electrical items, batteries, low energy light bulbs and textiles every week. Please place your small Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (W.E.E.E) in a supermarket sized plastic carrier bag and place on top of either you’re green or black lidded wheeled bin by 7am on either of your collection days. Please do not use black refuse sacks or the EFDC clear recycling sacks.
Small W.E.E.E items such as:
• Small kitchen appliances (e.g. kettles, toasters, irons, etc)
• Hair dryers, hair straighteners and clippers
• Clocks, watches, calculators and torches (please remove batteries)
• Remote controls, mobile phones, cameras and chargers
• Radios, mini Hi-Fi’s and CD/MP3 players
• Small electronic toys (e.g. remote control cars)
• Power tools, smoke detectors and thermostats
• Energy light bulbs and spent household batteries
(Please leave cables and plugs attached to the items)
Please remember that all items must be able to fit into a supermarket sized plastic carrier bag
Recycle larger waste electrical items by using our Special Collection Service or take them to your
local Recycling Centre for Household Waste
Larger W.E.E.E. items such as:
• Televisions and Hi-Fi's
• Desktop Computers
However, there is a service charge for larger items.
Please book online Special Collections or telephone 01992 564608
Alternatively, you can take your large appliances to any E.C.C Household Waste Recycling Centre, in either Waltham Abbey or Chigwell.