This is a position posted on behalf of Epping Town Council. Please do not apply through our Online Form, instead follow the instructions below.
CEMETERY AND ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
Hours: 14 per week (Monday & Thursday 9am-5pm; lunch 12.30-1.30)
SCP 16 £17,419 pro rata, per annum, plus London Weighting £840 per annum. Salary range SCP16-18.
Leave: Annual Leave 20 days + 2 statutory days.
Pension: Membership of the NEST (Govt) Pension Fund is available.
Job role: To work as part of a small team in a busy, friendly office. Epping Town Council employs 13 members of staff; 5 in the office team. The post holder will be responsible for the administration of the cemetery, under the direction of the Finance and Cemetery Officer, the administration of the Monday market and the administration of Council’s two allotment sites at Meadow Road and Lower Bury Lane, act as a support to the Town Clerk and be a main point of contact for general enquiries, both telephone and face to face.
• Assisting with the administration of Bury Lane cemetery.
• Responsibility for the administration of Council’s two allotment sites in Lower Bury Lane and Meadow Road.
• Administration of the Monday market to support the Market Manager.
• Ensuring organisational paperwork is kept up to date and safe.
• Acting as a main point of public contact (telephone and face to face).
• Assisting with the day to day running of the office, including post.
• Assisting with the generation and maintenance of procedures.
• Responsible for supporting the Town Clerk with administration, including research and preparation of reports and projects.
Appointment: Subject to the completion of a satisfactory six month probation period and good references.
The Town Council is responsible for the management of Epping Hall, Epping Cemetery, Jack Silley Pavilion, two allotment sites, six recreation grounds, Epping Market, Bakers Lane toilets, the Town Show, Christmas Market and Town Magazine.
The staff of the busy Town Council is small and this calls for a flexible attitude by all employees in order to ensure the smooth running of Council’s business. Council will provide any necessary training and a supportive working environment to the successful candidate.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01992 579444 for an application pack. The Town Clerk is Beverley Rumsey.
Closing date: 10am on Friday 4th May 2018