Celebrate “older people’s day” with Epping Forest District Council
You are invited to visit one of our sheltered housing schemes on Monday 1 October 2012.
The UK’s Older People’s Day coincides with the UN International Day for Older Persons. The day is a national celebration of the achievements and contributions that older people make to our society. It is a great way to build new relationships between people of all ages and bring together the local community.
As part of the celebrations, events are being held at nine of the Council’s sheltered housing schemes. You may know somebody who lives in one of our schemes, or maybe you are thinking about sheltered housing for yourself (or someone else). Perhaps you’d just like to celebrate with us. Come and join us, you will be very welcome at one of our events, whatever your reason.
- Coffee Morning at Barrington Close Centre, Barrington Road, Loughton IG10 2AX from 10am to 12 noon
- Bingo and Afternoon Tea at Buckhurst Court, Albert Road, Buckhurst Hill IG9 6BD from 2pm to 4pm
- Bingo and Afternoon Tea at Chapel Road, Epping CM16 5DS from 2pm to 4pm
- Afternoon Tea at Frank Bretton House, Bansons Way, Ongar CM5 9EY from 2pm to 4pm
- Tea and Cakes at Jubilee Court, Ninefields, Waltham Abbey EN9 3JB from 3pm to 5pm
- Tea, Cakes and Tombola at Jessopp Court, Shernbroke Road, Waltham Abbey EN9 3LF from 2pm to 4pm
- Tea and Cakes at Leonard Davis House, Kiln Road, North Weald CM16 6BS from 2pm to 4.30pm
- Cream Tea at Parsonage Court, Rectory Lane, Loughton IG10 2BB from 2pm to 4pm
- Games and Afternoon Tea at Pelly Court, Hemnall Street, Epping CM16 4NA from 2pm to 4pm
There will be a small charge for refreshments, all proceeds go to the residents of the sheltered schemes and will be used to fund communal activities.
We hope that you will able to attend and help celebrate the contribution older people make to our communities.
For further information please contact Epping Forest District Council, Older Peoples Services Manager on 020 8508 8596.