Free love and bearded women helped raise funds for the Chairman of Epping Forest District Council`s Chairman`s charities following a quiz held at Theydon Bois Village Hall on Friday 20 February 2009. Almost 100 people made up the 14 teams taking part including questions on the history of Epping Forest District, food, films and famous historical figures.
In a keenly-fought contest, the defending champions `Caterpillars` from Loughton held off the challenge from `The Grand Slammers` from the Planning Directorate to retain their title. The champions snatched victory in the last of the 12 rounds. They scored a maximum of 20 points in the final round on history, winning by a single point despite going into the last round 5 points down.
The `Table of Free Love`, a team from the Council`s Housing Directorate came third and won the prize for the best dressed table, narrowly beating the `Hot Fuzz` team which included two bearded women! The Chairman`s team `The Hen Pecked Husbands and the Peckers` finished a respectable tenth. The quiz was hosted by Ian Willett and Ian White, assisted by members of the Democratic Services Team. All those involved donated their time for free.
The Chairman, Councillor John Knapman, thanked all the teams for taking part and said that the evening had raised almost £500. The money will be used to purchase a Wii console for the residents at Parsonage Court in Loughton and a new computer for residents at Jubilee Lodge in Chigwell.
Results of the Chairman`s Charity Quiz 2009
- Caterpillars “ 210 points
- The Grand Slammers – 209 points
- Table of Free Love – 179 points
- Di`s Die Hards – 169 points
- The Press Ganged – 162 points
- The Tawney Owls – 162 points
- Sixties Staplers – 159 points
- Missing In Action – 158 points
- Neigh Chance – 150 points
- The Hen Pecked Husbands and the Peckers – 147 points
- Hot Fuzz – 142 points
- Epping Forest Youth Council – 138 points
- Sewardstone Swots – 117 points
- Harlow Tye Rotary Club – 111 points
Trackback from your site.