Local business people who want to make more from tourism are invited to the One Epping Forest Tourism and Visitor Board Tourism Conference on 20 March at the Marriott Hotel, Waltham Abbey. The conference which starts at 2pm is free. Organisers aim to boost local tourism and visitor offer as well as increasing income and jobs in the district.
Chairman is leading the investment drive for local tourism
Worth almost £200m per annum and already supporting 7% of local employment, the tourism economy is significant to growth in the Epping Forest District and offers opportunities for both established and new business to capitalise upon.
Partners on the Tourism and Visitor Board believe that this is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of local potential and offer the conference as an opportunity for attractions and those who would benefit from a growing number of visitors to come along, discover what’s already happening across the district, and contribute their views on how working together can maximise these opportunities.
A range of speakers will address different subjects including accessing grants to promote investment, new ideas for activities designed to boost visitor numbers and the wider picture and support from Visit Essex.
Help us plan a better future
Councillor Tony Boyce, Chairman of Epping Forest District Council and Chairman of the Tourism and Visitor Board said: “Our district is already performing well in terms of its visitor economy which has grown steadily in the last few years. With a range of top attractions such as the forest, Epping Ongar Railway, historic Waltham Abbey plus tranquil countryside and a host of great restaurants, pubs, high streets and independent shops, it can do even better. We want this conference to bring together all those already working in the sector or thinking about expanding into or starting out in the visitor economy to come along and help us plan a better future”.
Those who would find this conference particularly beneficial include
- Anyone involved with or with an interest in the visitor and tourism economy
- Anyone looking for business building opportunities Anyone who values networking with local tourism and visitor related businesses
- Anyone interested in finding out how Visit Epping Forest and Visit Essex are supporting and promoting business growth in the district
Book your place now
The conference is free for local businesses. To secure a place register at www.eventbrite.co.uk (search Epping Tourism Conference).
Top visitor destinations
Councillor Boyce recently took Essex County Councillor George Kieffer on a whistle-stop tour of just a few of the district’s tourist and visitor attractions
- The market town of Epping
- High Beach Forest Centre in Epping Forest
- Marriott Hotel Waltham Abbey
- Waltham Abbey church, grounds and market square
- The Royal Gunpowder Mills via Lea Valley White Water Centre
- Chigwell Village (via Loughton)
- Mayhem (Paintball)
- Stapleford Airfield
- Greenstead Church and Ongar town centre
- Smith’s Brasserie
- Ongar station – Epping Ongar Heritage Railway Train to North Weald Station.
- North Weald Battle of Britain Airfield
- Ashylns Organic Farm
- Phoenix Hotel
Reasons to visit the Epping Forest district
To view photos in a slideshow, click on a picture below and click start slideshow.