Waltham Abbey Town Council has taken the first steps towards preparing a Neighbourhood Plan by informing Epping Forest District Council of their intentions and submitting an application for the designation of their parish as a Neighbourhood Area.
Any Parish or Town Council can prepare a Neighbourhood Plan if they wish. The Plans give communities an opportunity to shape the way in which their local area develops over the coming years. Neighbourhood Development Plans, which must be prepared in accordance with the District Councils Local Plan, can be used to:
- Develop a shared vision for the local area;
- Choose where new homes, community facilities and other forms of development should be built;
- Identify and protect important local green spaces; and
- Influence what new buildings should look like.
Waltham Abbey Town Council has identified the area to be covered by the plan as the whole parish. Under the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended) Epping Forest District Council, as the local planning authority, is required to publicise this proposed area for a period of at least four weeks so that people can comment on it.
View the application
A copy of the application, along with further information on neighbourhood planning, can be viewed.
This is a consultation on the identification of the potential plan area, not a formal consultation on the Neighbourhood Plan itself, which will come later as the Plan progresses. The consultation commences on 12 January 2016 and will run for 4 weeks until 5.00pm on 8 February 2016.
Comment on the application
- Comments can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post to: Forward Planning, Epping Forest District Council, Civic Offices, High Street, Epping, Essex CM16 4BZ.
Please be aware that all comments received will be publicly available and may be included on our website. Personal details such as the respondents address, telephone number and signature will not be published.