Year after year, thousands of pounds of your money is stolen by cheaters, money that should be used to improve your local community.
Spot the cheater – don’t let them get away.
Fraudsters are cheating us all
Housing tenancy fraud – misusing council properties
Council tax fraud – Falsely claiming Council Tax discounts (including Council Tax Support)
Business rates fraud – Falsely claiming reliefs or exemptions
Do you suspect someone of fraud?
Then tell us about:
Someone who has committed social housing fraud by:
- illegally sub-letting,
- not living in the property and leaving it empty,
- making a fraudulent Right to Buy application, •
- taking (or making) a payment for a mutual exchange,
- living in a property after the tenant has died, where they had no right to succeed, or
- giving false or misleading information to get the tenancy
Someone who has committed Council Tax fraud clamming discount by falsely:
- stating the property is empty,
- claiming they live alone,
- claiming they are a student, or
- claiming Council Tax Support falsely by doing undeclared work or having capital / property in excess of the limit
A person or business liable for Business Rates who falsely claims an exemption or relief they are not entitled to.
Spotted a cheater?
- Call 01992 564444
- Report online