The next phase of Gigaclear’s Rural Challenge Project plans to deliver ultrafast broadband to Stapleford Tawney and the surrounding area.
Gigaclear will be holding a Q&A event at Abridge Village Hall, 39 Ongar Road on Wednesday 13 July 2016 from 7:30pm to 9:30pm, at which residents and local businesses are invited to ask any questions they have.
The Rural Challenge Project, funded by Epping Forest District Council, Essex County Council, UK Government and Gigaclear, forms part of the Superfast Essex broadband rollout programme which aims to give 116,000 premises across Essex access to superfast broadband by 2020.
Benefits of fibre technology
- Speed – the minimum speed provided is 50Mbps and with 1000Mbps available, you could download a 3GB high definition film in 53 seconds
- Capacity – all of your family can use online services on multiple devices at the same time
- Fibre cables are laid underground – so they are not subject to disruption due to weather changes
- The same level of service for all – regardless of the distance from the connection
- Uninterrupted streaming – with no buffering from the network
Technology and Support Services Portfolio Holder, Councillor Alan Lion said: “I’m delighted that many rural customers in the Gigaclear service area will be able to take advantage of the fibre delivered ultrafast service”.