Reducing emissions and tackling climate change are the key aims of a new Environmental Charter signed by Leader of Council Councillor Chris Whitbread and Chief Executive Glen Chipp.
The Environmental Charter is part of Climate Local. Climate Local is a Local Government Association (LGA) initiative which asks councils for a commitment to help drive and inspire climate change action in the UK.
- Installed solar panel’s at the civic offices
- Increased the recycling of our waste – through providing more bins and training staff
- Insulated all council-owned properties to a high standard
- Help local people and businesses to be smarter about their energy use
- As service providers aim to deliver services that are resource efficient and less carbon intensive
- Ensure council owned buildings and operations are resource efficient and prepared for the impacts of a changing climate
Responsibility to our environment
Leader of Council Councillor Chris Whitbread said: “As a council we have a responsibility to our environment, by endorsing this Charter we are taking steps in the right direct towards making change.”
“Not only do we hope to reduce our carbon footprint but hope to inspire residents to make small changes resulting in a big difference.”