If you want to get active, socialise and make new friends, join our Forever Active programme and discover a new you!
The Forever Active programme welcomes everyone, with no restrictions on age, ability level or fitness.
The programme combines a variety of organised sport, day trips and other events to get you active and meeting new people.
Download a Forever Active brochure (PDF 4.99MB)
The NHS recommend taking part in aerobic and muscle strengthening activities to maintain and improve your health.
You can reduce the risk of slips, trips and falls by improving your balance and co-ordination through exercise, whilst improving the health risks associated with a sedentary lifestyle.
Activities we have on offer are
- Walking football & netball
- Keep fit
- Walking with Lifewalks
- Running – couch to 5k
- Table tennis
Social interaction is really important for your mental wellbeing too, so we have planned some exciting day trips to popular attractions giving you the perfect opportunity to meet new people and make new friends.
- Bletchley Park, 24 May 2017, £28 per person
- Chiltern Curios and a Royal Regatta Cruise along the river Thames, 30 June 2017, £41 per person
- Margate and the Turner Contemporary gallery, 15 September 2017, £13 per person
- Rockingham Castle, a Victorian Christmas with guided tour, 29 November 2017, £46.50 per person – includes a 2 course lunch & refreshments
The Epping Forest District Museum in Waltham Abbey offers a wide range of activities throughout the year, as well as offering the opportunity to explore a rich local history through each of the museum’s collections.
- Community space used by local groups
- Six exhibition galleries
- Talks, tours and behind the scenes visits
- Volunteering opportunities
- Gift shop