Every year on 11 November we remember those who gave their lives in the 2 world wars and have died in combat since. This day is known as Armistice Day, or Remembrance Day and more recently also known as Poppy Day.
Remembrance Sunday falls on the second Sunday in November, is a day for us to remember and honour all those who sacrificed themselves to secure and protect our freedom.
This year Remembrance Sunday is on 12 November 2017. Our councillors from will be attending events all over the Epping Forest district and laying wreaths on behalf of Epping Forest District Council.
Sunday 12 November 2017 events
- Councillor Brian Rolfe | 10am | Lambourne Church
- Councillor Gavin Chambers | 10.30am | St John’s Church
- Councillor Gagan Mohindra | 10.40am | St Mary’s Church
- Chairman David Stallan | 2pm | Epping War Memorial
- Chairman David Stallan | 3pm | St John’s Church
- Councillor Richard Morgan | 10am | St Mary’s Church
- Councillor Caroline Pond | 11.45am | Royal British Legion Club
- Councillor Caroline Pond | 12pm | Kings Green
- Councillor Caroline Pond | 1pm | Brooklyn Parade
- Councillor Richard Bassett | 10.45am | All Saints Church
- Chairman David Stallan | 10.45am | St Andrew’s Church
- Chairman Dave Stallan | 12.10pm | North Weald Airfield Memorial
- Vice-chairman Richard Bassett | 2.30pm | Ongar War Memorial Medical Centre
- Councillor Mary Sartin | 10.30am | St Peter’s Church
- Councillor Sue Jones | 10.30am | St Mary’s Church
- Councillor Liz Webster | 9am | St Thomas’s Church
- Councillor Jeane Lea | 10am | Waltham Abbey War Memorial
- Councillor Jeane Lea | 10.45am | Waltham Abbey Church