Our building may be closed from 5pm on Friday 22 December 2017 until 9am Tuesday 2 January 2018, but we are still providing a wide range of services by phone and online throughout the Christmas break.
You can report missed bin collections, noise complaints, fly tipping, fraud, abandoned vehicles online
- Report it online
- Complete an enquiry form online
- Contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to report an emergency, please contact us on the below details.
- Call 01992 564199 for housing related emergencies (loss of power, blockages, uncontainable leaks, if you are locked out of your home)
- Call 01992 564000 for all other emergency enquiries
Your call will connect to the Mears support desk which will be manned 24/7 until the offices reopen on Tuesday 2 January 2018.
Pay for it
You are able to pay your council tax, rent, business rates and leasehold charges via the online payment portal and by phone 24/7.
- Pay online
- Pay by phone 01992 564600
- The Debden Broadway cash office will close at 4:30pm on Friday 22 December 2017 and reopen 9am on Tuesday 2 January 2018
- The payment kiosks in the civic offices, Epping will close at 4:40pm on Friday 22 December 2017 and reopen at 9am on Tuesday 2 January 2018
- The payment kiosk in Waltham Abbey library is subject to Waltham Abbey library opening hours
Benefit payments revised dates
2 scheduled Benefit payments will be made earlier than usual over the Christmas period.
- Payments due on 25 December 2017 will be made on Friday 22 December 2017
- Payments due on 1 January 2018 will be made on Wednesday 27 December 2017
Please remember that the period until the next payment will be slightly longer because it will revert to the original schedule.
Apply for it
Apply for planning permission, building regulations, council housing, licensing, jobs applications and more online. Applications made throughout this time will be processed when the offices reopen on Tuesday 2 January 2018.
Waste and recycling
- Collections due Tuesday 26 December 2017 will be collected on Wednesday 27 December 2017
- Collections due Wednesday 27 December 2017 will be collected on Thursday 28 December 2017
- Collections due Thursday 28 December 2017 will be collected on Friday 29 December 2017
- Collections due Friday 29 December 2017 will be collected on Saturday 30 December 2017
Your usual collection dates will resume on Tuesday 2 January 2018.
Recycling REAL Christmas trees
Leave your real Christmas trees with your food and garden waste throughout January 2018.
Remove the pot, all decorations and if over 6ft, cut in half to ensure safe collection. We are unable to recycle your fake Christmas trees, so please leave us real trees only!
Our special collections service will close at 5pm on Friday 22 December 2017 and will resume at 9am on 2 January 2018.
Lost or found dogs
If you have lost or found a dog within the area, please contact us on the below number. Calls are monitored and handled by the Waltham Forest dog team.
- Call 07815 512833
Free weekend parking in December! All of our car parks are free on weekends throughout December and bank holidays.
Epping Forest District Museum
Epping Forest District Museum is closed from 4pm on Friday 22 December 2017 and reopens 10am on Tuesday 2 January 2018.