Updated plans for refuse and recycling collections
As the severe weather continues into Friday 2 March 2018, we are adapting operations to maintain waste collection services, making allowances for reduced resources and challenging conditions for our waste collection crews.
We are continuing to focus on fortnightly black wheelie bin, recycling sacks and blue box collections. Access to residential roads can vary in these conditions with properties located in rural areas or down narrow lanes are likely to experience more disruption than others.
Black wheelie bins, recycling sacks and blue boxes
- Please leave your waste out on the boundary of your property until 5pm on Friday 2 March
- If your waste is not collected by 5pm, please bring it in over the weekend
- On Monday 5 March extra crews have been laid on to try and catch up any missed areas, so please make sure your bins are out again by 7am
- If your bins have not been collected by 5pm on Monday, please take them back in and out in time for your next scheduled collection
Please accept our apologies for this disruption. We will endeavour to collect any waste that has been missed.
Food and garden waste
We will continue to focus our resources on the fortnightly collections throughout Friday 2 March as above. Therefore
- We are not collecting any green lidded bins for food and garden waste
- If you were expecting a collection this week, please take it back and put it out again on your next normal collection day.
Our customer service team is continuing to operate with fewer staff due to the adverse weather so you may experience longer hold times on the phone than usual, so please only call if it is urgent.
Minimising disruption to residents
Environment Portfolio Holder, Councillor Will Breare-Hall said: “I want to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to Biffa’s tremendously dedicated and hardworking staff. Despite the terrible weather we’ve experienced over the past few days they’ve been out on our streets, battling the elements, doing their best to ensure our waste and recycling is still collected.”
“I want them to know that their commitment to delivering the service and minimising disruption to our residents is greatly appreciated. I’d also like to thank our residents for the understanding and patience they have shown as we contend with these very difficult conditions.”
Contacting the Council
If your enquiry is not urgent, please contact us by email or use our online reporting tool to contact us to help us reduce waiting times. Someone will be in touch with you as soon as they can.
- General – email@example.com
- Refuse – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benefits – email@example.com
- Council Tax – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Council housing – email@example.com
- Housing repairs – firstname.lastname@example.org
- For fly-tipping, missed bin collections, anti-social behaviour, fraud – Report it online
If your enquiry is urgent and you need to speak to someone, please call us on the telephone numbers below.
If it’s urgent
- General and refuse – 01992 564000
- Benefits – 01992 562059
- Council Tax – 01992 564188
- Council housing – 01992 564716
- Housing repairs – 01992 564199
Please keep checking the website and our social media channels for updates and further information.