There are still 27,000 properties in the Epping Forest District yet to respond to the annual canvass. If you are one of those properties, respond online, by text or by phone before 21 August 2018.
A couple of weeks ago, all homes in the Epping Forest District were sent a Household Enquiry Form through the post. Households are legally required to respond even if none of the details have changed.
You could be fined
Don’t ignore the form – if you do you may face a fine of up to £1,000. Please respond immediately if you have not already done so.
Complete your form by 21 August 2018 at the very latest.
Reminders are costly
Simon Hill, Electoral Registration Officer said: “Last year 60% of households used one of the automated response options but many more could have done, particularly if there are no changes to the details. Using them saves time and money.
“There are still 27,000 properties yet to respond. Please respond now to save us having to send out a reminder form which is costly.”
How to respond
Using the 2 part security code on your household enquiry form you can choose one of the following options:
- Confirm online at www.householdresponse.com/eppingforest
- Confirm by phone 0800 197 9871
- Text NOCHANGE – with your security number to 80212
If there are changes
- Amend the information online easily and quickly online
- Amend the form and return it in the prepaid envelope – please make sure you give a contact phone number or email address in case of queries.
Additions to your household?
- Stage 1 is responding to the Household Enquiry Form
- Stage 2 is completing the registration process for new electors at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote