Appointment of Member to the Independent Remuneration Panels for Members’ Allowances.
The Epping Forest District Council is seeking applicants for a vacancy on its Independent Remuneration Panels. The Panels, which consist of three members, undertakes research and makes recommendations to the Council about the allowances to be paid to elected Councillors of the Authority. There is one Panel for the District Council and another for Parish Councils. It is intended that the membership of both Panels should be the same.
- The Panel is established under the Local Authorities (Members’ Allowances) (England) Regulations 2003, to report with recommendations on:
- the amount of basic allowance which should be payable to District Councillor Members
- the roles and responsibilities for which a special responsibility allowance should be payable and as to the amount of each such allowance for District Councillors
- basic allowances for Parish Council members
- other miscellaneous expenses, such as travel allowances (including cars, cycles and public transport), dependent carer’s allowance and a co-optees allowance.
This is an opportunity for conscientious persons to influence the way in which elected Members are reimbursed for their public service. Knowledge or experience of finance or local government would be helpful and political impartiality is essential.
Serving District and Parish Council members are excluded from membership of these Panels.
Applications must be received by 31 August 2008.
Information and Application Details
Information for Applicants (pdf 85 KB)
Person Specification (pdf 70 KB)
Application Form (pdf 78 KB)
Members’ Allowance Scheme 2007/2008 (pdf 230 KB)
Travelling / Subsistence Allowances Rates (pdf 83 KB)
Model Parish Council Remuneration Scheme (pdf 91 KB)
Notice re Parish Council Remuneration Scheme (pdf 66 KB)
District and Parish Remuneration Panels Annual Report 2005/2006 (pdf 20 KB)
- Application forms and further details can be obtained from:-
- Mr I Willett
Assistant to the Chief Executive
- Telephone 01992 564243
- Email IWILLETT@eppingforestdc.gov.uk
Trackback from your site.