If flooding has been forecast where you live, listen to local radio or check the Environment Agency’s website for updates and news.
Latest flood warning updates for the Epping Forest district (in alphabetical order)
- Cobbins Brook at Waltham Abbey
- Cripsey Brook including Thornwood Common, North Weald Bassett, Moreton and Chipping Ongar
- Cripsey Brook at Chipping Ongar including Shelley
- Cripsey Brook at Moreton from Weald Bridge to Shelley Common
- Lower Lee Tributaries including the Nazeing Brook, Ching Brook, Cobbins Brook, Pymmes Brook, Rags Brook, Salmons Brook, Turkey Brook, Trinity Marsh Ditch and the Small River Lee
- Lower River Lee at Hoddesdon and Cheshunt including Broxbourne and Waltham Abbey
- Middle River Roding including Abridge, Loughton and Buckhurst Hill
- Nazeing Brook at Lower Nazing
- Pincey Brook from Takeley to Harlow including Hatfield Broad Oak, Hatfield Heath and Sheering
- Pincey Brook near Sheering
- River Roding at Abridge
- River Roding at Fyfield including High Ongar Bridge
- River Roding at Loughton including Buckhurst Hill
- River Roding from Ongar to Stapleford including Hallsford Bridge, Shonk’s Mill Bridge and Passingford Bridge
- River Stort at Harlow including Roydon
- Upper River Roding including Molehill Green, Dunmow, Ongar, Fyfield, High Ongar and Stapleford
Know what the levels of flood warning mean
- Flood Alert: Flooding is possible. Be prepared
- Flood Warning: Flooding is expected. Immediate action required
- Severe Flood Warning: Severe flooding. Danger to life
Update 14 February 2014 – severe weather closes North Weald Market
Stay in touch
Get up-to-date weather warnings from the Met Office.
Plan your journey with Essex County Council’s live travel information section. Get live travel data with details of traffic problems and disruptions across the County.
Advice to motorists to take care in bad weather from Essex Police.
Latest incidents from Essex County Fire and Rescue Service.
Emergency planning advice from Essex County Council.
Information on emergencies from Epping Forest District Council.
The National Flood Forum is a national charity dedicated to supporting and representing communities and individuals at risk of flooding.
Practical tips and health advice in new flooding leaflet on gov.uk - Flooding: advice to the public.
Flooding presents a number of risks to health – advice from Public Health England.
Do you know what to do with your animals if it floods? Advice from RSPCA.
Photos from around the district
View photos in a slideshow by clicking on a picture below and then click start slideshow.