Sports centres and pools
The Epping Forest district has 4 leisure centres. They are owned by Epping Forest District Council and managed on our behalf by Places for People Leisure.
All the centres have fitness gyms and aerobic studios. The centres at Loughton, Ongar and Waltham Abbey have swimming pools while both Epping and Ongar have sports halls.
The council plays no part in the day to day running of the centres but does work with Places for People Leisure to ensure customers receive the best service possible. Comments or queries are welcomed, and should first be directed to Places for People Leisure, although we are happy to receive feedback.
- 25 Hemnall Street, Epping CM16 4LU
- Phone 01992 565670
- Traps Hill, Loughton IG10 1SZ
- Phone 020 3225 5460
- The Gables, Fyfield Road, Ongar CM5 0GA
- Phone 01277 363969
- Roundhills, Waltham Abbey, EN9 1UP
- Phone 01992 716733
News about Sports Centres and Pools
- Need help getting active?
- New leisure centre contract goes live
- Christmas contact information
- Take to your bikes this winter
- Join Active Epping Forest
- Free tennis activator training
- Free activities at Healthy Living Festival launch
- New Horizon's co-ordinator, Hettie, retires
- Top energy rating for swimming pool
- College to show underwater drawing exhibition