All gas appliances should be safety checked annually by a qualified Gas Safe engineer. 


If you are a tenant in privately owned or social housing, your landlord is legally obliged to ensure all gas appliances, pipework and flues are maintained in a safe condition.

Enter the Gas Safe Register Website

This site allows you to confirm the validity of the engineer who carries out work on your gas appliances.

If you can smell gas or you suspect there is a gas leak, call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999.

Useful links


Useful Files

Phone Contact us....

Name: Private Sector Housing
Telephone: 01992 564348

Or you can write to us at:
Private Sector Housing (Technical) Epping Forest District Council Civic Offices, High Street, Epping, Essex, CM16 4BZ