EPCs, Gas Safety and the Green Deal

Landlords of self-contained, privately rented properties are required to provide an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) to new tenants. An EPC gives information on the energy efficiency of the property and allows prospective tenants to compare the energy efficiency of different properties, and gives an indication of the possible running costs.

Further information from the Government about EPCs

You could be eligible for financial help if you are making your home more energy efficient. Follow this link to get advice from gov.uk website.

Read information on the Green Deal

For independent, expert advice on saving energy in your home, contact the Energy Saving Advice Service 0300 123 1234 or visit the Energy Saving Trust website for information on how to be more energy efficient at home.

Read information on Gas Safety

Download a guide on electrical safety for older people - produced by the registered charity 'Electrical Safety First'

Useful links


Useful Files

Phone Contact us....

Name: Private Sector Housing
Telephone: 01992 564348
Email: privatesectorhousing@eppingforestdc.gov.uk

Or you can write to us at:
Private Sector Housing (Technical) Epping Forest District Council Civic Offices, High Street, Epping, Essex, CM16 4BZ