Revised Housing Allocations Scheme 2018 - this consultation is now closed.
Epping Forest District Council is seeking views on its draft revised Housing Allocations Scheme 2018 between 2 October 2017 and 2 January 2018.
We invite your comments on our updated Housing Allocations Scheme. This Scheme explains who is eligible to join our Housing Register and how we prioritise applications. The Scheme aims to benefit those with the most urgent housing needs.
The Scheme includes information on who can join the Housing Register, how to apply and how to bid for a home.
The finalised Housing Allocations Scheme 2018 is available to download below, along with the current Scheme:
If you would like to comment on the draft revised Housing Allocations Scheme 2018, please complete the online form - http://divipiso.com/rtyre/7165 this is no longer open as the consultation closed on 2 January 2018. The Council's Cabinet and Housing Portfolio Holder have considered the results of this consultation. This has been approved, the new scheme and policy will come into force on 1 July 2018.
http://www.bgroads.com/?prosturadlo1=broker-opzioni-bknarie-italia&5bc=32 At its meeting in February, the Council’s Cabinet agreed the review of the Scheme. The most significant changes to the Scheme are:
- Any new applicant who has lived in the District for less than 7 years (which was previously less than 5 years) will not qualify,
- Any resident who moves out of the District for less than 2 years (previously 3 years), but has lived within the District for at least 7 continuous years, will be treated as an applicant who has lived in the District for more than 7 continuous years prior to application;
- Applicants should only include persons on their application who have been part of their household for at least a 2 year period (previously 1 year);
- Any member of an applicant’s household who has committed acts of unacceptable behaviour within the last 7 years (previously 3 years) as defined under the Scheme will not qualify;
- An offer of accommodation will not be made to any home seeker who has rent arrears in excess of 4 weeks rent arrears;
- Any home seeker who refuses 2 offers of suitable accommodation for which they have expressed an interest within any period will be non-qualifying for a period of 2 years (previously 1 year);
- Any council tenant who is under-occupying and wishes to move to smaller council accommodation, who refuses 3 offers of suitable accommodation for which they have expressed an interest, will have their application deferred for 12 months;
- The current Residency Criteria for vulnerable people who are placed in supported housing schemes within the District be reduced from 3 years to 2 years; and
- Homeless applicants to whom the Council has accepted the full duty will continue to be made one offer of suitable, generally flatted, accommodation. But, in order to discharge its main homelessness duty, the Council will offer them a 2 year Secure (fixed-term) Tenancy.