Use this page to calculate Local Housing Allowance (LHA) for private tenants in South East Herts (Area 2).
Step 2 - How Many Rooms Do You Need?
- One bedroom for every single adult and every adult couple, however:
- single claimants under 35 will be entitled to the shared room LHA - the exemptions to this are if the claimant is a care leaver (up to the age of 22), or in receipt of severe disability premium, they will then be entitled to 1 bedroom LHA
- single claimants over 35 years old and couples with no dependent children will only be entitled to the 1 bedroom LHA providing they rent a property at least that size
- Plus one additional bedroom for:
- any other adult aged 16 or over
- any two children under the age of 10
- any two children of the same sex under the age of 16
- any other child
Step 3 - Your Local Housing Allowance Rate
Find your local housing allowance rate by matching the number of bedrooms you need.
- Area 2, South East Herts - rates valid for claims made between April 2016 to April 2017.
- Shared Accommodation rate: £74.79 per week (£324.98 pcm)
- 1 bedroom rate: £146.57 per week (£636.88 pcm)
- 2 bedrooms rate: £186.46 per week (£810.21 pcm)
- 3 bedrooms rate: £230.28 per week (£1000.62 pcm)
- 4 bedrooms rate: £293.79 per week (£1276.59 pcm)
Please remember, this figure is not the amount of award you will receive, it is the maximum figure we will use to work our your award. You can though, get an estimate of the award by inputting the appropriate rate into the Rent field on the benefits calculator and then completing the remaining questions. No information is stored it is simply an online assessment.