There are only 2 weeks left to apply for this year’s Creativity and Sports Awards.
Apply for the award today and you could receive up to £1,000 to support you with your chosen discipline.
Who can apply?
All applicants must:
- Be aged between 13 and 25 years on the closing date
- Live, work or volunteer in the Epping Forest district – including if you’re at college or university and return home to the district during holidays
- Demonstrate a high level of interest or skill
- Explain how the award will be spent and what it means to you
- Spend the award on activities that take place within the district or have benefit for the people of the district
- (Sports award) Compete at county, regional or national level in a nationally governed sport
How to apply
Applications close on Sunday 12 December 2021.
My Grandma’s a Walrus
Genevieve Sabherwhal one recipient of the Creativity Award 2021, she said:
The Creativity Award has been such an incredible opportunity. With the award I was able to produce the play I’d written, ‘My Grandma’s a Walrus’ at East 15’s 2021 Debut Festival, in Debden, and take it to The Southwark Playhouse in October 2021.
Without the award, I wouldn’t have been able to afford the public liability insurance or any of the set, props and costumes, which create the entire colourful Indian wedding world in the play.
I never realised how important it is to have this basic support when starting out and it has truly kickstarted what I hope is a positive future for the play and careers of the creative team involved.
The funding has also allowed Genevieve to have the play professionally recorded so that it can reach the widest possible audience given the current COVID-19 restrictions.
Picked for Team GB
A previous winner of the Sports Award went on to be picked for Team GB.
Keep up to date
Keep in touch with our latest news, service updates and reports.