We currently have a vacancy for a co-opted member on our Audit and Governance Committee.
Our Audit and Governance Committee is the body that holds us to account on the way we work and the decisions we make.
What is a co-opted member?
A co-opted member provides an independent perspective in monitoring and reviewing the governance of Epping Forest District Council. This is an opportunity to get involved in many interesting challenges and become more engaged with your local community.
If you can answer yes to the following questions, this vacancy could be for you:
- Do you live or work in the Epping Forest district?
- Are you looking for a new challenge and to help your local community?
- Do you have skills relating to finance or auditing?
- Do you have some free time to help the council?
Appointment will be made following interviews by a panel of councillors. The selected candidate will be given appropriate training and will receive an annual allowance of £500. Information to read before applying:
- Constitution Article 11 – Audit and Governance Committee details
- Statement of accounts 2017-2018 (pdf 2MB)
How to apply
- Check the criteria for co-opted member for Audit and Governance Committee (pdf 20KB)
- Complete our online form
- Applications must be with us by 30 September
For general enquiries about the position contact Stephen Tautz, Democratic Services Manager:
- Email email@example.com
- Telephone 01992 564180
For specific information about the Audit and Governance Committee contact Sarah Marsh, Chief Internal Auditor:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 01992 564446