Business support grant payments to eligible businesses should start to go out from 8 April.
Our teams are working flat out supporting services to our customers and sharing information on the ever-changing situation at this difficult time.
Good news for local business
Cllr Chris Whitbread, Leader of the Council said:
This is good news for local business, and I am extremely grateful to our hardworking teams across the council who are getting things done for our local communities.
Please keep in touch with our website for further information.
Government business support
The Government announced various measures to support businesses during the coronavirus outbreak including:
- Increased business rates retail discount from 50% to 100%
- Extending business rates retail discount to the leisure and hospitality sectors for 1 year
- Pub relief increased to £5,000
- One-off grants for to those in receipt of small business rate relief
For more information please visit:
- GOV.UK – Business support grant funding – guidance for businesses
- HM Government – Coronavirus financial support
Keep up to date
Keep in touch with our latest news, service updates and reports.