Christmas Support Payment
Christmas Support Payment for wet-led pubs supports pubs that predominantly serve alcohol rather than provide food and have been severely impacted over the festive season due to temporary local restrictions.
Eligible businesses may be entitled to a one-off cash grant of £1,000 from the Council in areas under Tier 2 or Tier 3 local restrictions.
The Council will use its discretion to identify the right businesses to receive this funding.
Your pub may be eligible if you:
- are based in England
- derive less than 50% of your sales from food
- are in an area subject to Tier 2 or Tier 3 local restrictions since 2 December 2020
- were established in the pub before 1 December 2020
Businesses excluded from the fund
You cannot get funding if your business:
- has exceeded the permitted state aid threshold
- is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register
You must notify your local council if your situation changes and you no longer meet the eligibility criteria.
What you get
Local councils will use their discretion to determine whether businesses meet the eligibility criteria for this grant scheme.
Eligible businesses will be paid a one-off lump sum of £1,000.