A Christmas carol service was held on Tuesday 10 December at The Abbey Church of the Holy Cross and St Lawrence, Waltham Abbey.
Carols, choirs and candles
The church was beautifully decorated for the festive celebrations and candles were given to all who came along. The Waltham Abbey Choir, led by Jonathan Lilley, Director of Music sang a selection of traditional carols.
Great way to start the Christmas festivities
Councillor Bassett said: “What a fantastic joint carol service with the town council. The Abbey church is a fantastic location; it always gives a lovely atmosphere to the service. We had many visiting dignitaries including the Lord Lieutenant of Essex, the High Sheriff and other mayors and chairs.”
“Everyone agreed it was a great way to start the Christmas festivities.”
The service included readings from:
- Epping Forest District Council Chairman, Councillor Richard Bassett
- Epping Forest District Council Vice-chairman, Councillor Helen Kane
- Mayor of Waltham Abbey, Councillor Antony Watts
- Reverend Peter Smith
- Reverend Helen Gheorghiu Gould
- Kathryn Richmond from Waltham Abbey Town Council