Consultation for the North Weald Bassett Masterplan has now opened.
Residents of North Weald Bassett will soon receive a leaflet from Vistry Group, which outlines plans for the North Weald Masterplan and, encourages them to give feedback or ask questions.
The leaflet includes proposals to create a landscape-led development which utilises the existing landscape features within the village.
It incorporates plans for:
- Around 1,050 new homes
- New community facilities and land for healthcare provision
- Education provision
- New and improved equipped children’s place spaces
- Improved sports provision
- Extensive footpath linkages
- Public open space for sport, wildlife and recreation
- Additional planting throughout the masterplan area
- New shops and services
- A new roundabout on the A414
Have your say
North Weald Bassett residents can give feedback on the masterplan online, via post or in person until Friday 30 June.
- Online: Visit nwbmasterplan.co.uk
- Post: Use the feedback form enclosed with the leaflet
- In person: Attend an exhibition
- Thursday 15 June, 4pm to 8pm at St Andrew’s C of E Voluntary Aided Primary School, School Green Lane, CM16 6EH
- Saturday 17 June, 10am to 2pm at St Andrew’s C of E Voluntary Aided Primary School, School Green Lane, CM16 6EH
- Wednesday 21 June, 4pm to 8pm Thornwood Common Parish Hall, Thornwood, CM16 6NB
Slots for guided site walks on Thursday 15 June and Saturday 17 June can be booked through the North Weald Bassett Masterplan consultation website.
Encourage residents to have their say
Cllr Nigel Bedford, Deputy Leader of Council and Cabinet member for Place said:
The proposed plans for North Weald will benefit existing and future residents. The masterplan will bring exciting changes and add extra value to the green spaces, services and houses in the village.
I encourage all North Weald residents to give their feedback and have their say.
If you have any questions about the North Weald Bassett Masterplan or would like more information, contact:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 0800 080 3166
Keep up to date
Keep in touch with our latest news, service updates and reports.