Waltham Abbey Community Hub
Waltham Abbey Community Hub
The Waltham Abbey Community Hub is a one-stop shop for residents to access a wide range of services for help and advice.
How it works
The hub is open every Tuesday from 10am to 2.30pm. It is at Waltham Abbey Leisure Centre:
- Address and map – Waltham Abbey Leisure Centre, 19 Hill House, Waltham Abbey, EN9 3EL
For most services in the hub, you will need to book an appointment with the service you require. All contact details are below.
Services at the Waltham Abbey Community Hub
Citizens Advice Epping Forest District
Citizens Advice offers free, impartial, confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person. The issues they cover include housing, immigration, work, benefits, debt and money, family and consumer. They have specialist advisers covering employment, benefits and debt problems and can refer to other specialist services if they are unable to advise on the presenting problem.
Citizens Advice will be offering initial conversations with people who come to the Hub. An appointment would be scheduled if further help is required.
Contact Citizens Advice Epping Forest District:
- For general advice call 0808 278 7855
- Visit the Citizens Advice website
The Department for Work and Pensions
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy.
To contact DWP:
- Call 07776 619020
- Email email@example.com
- Visit the GOV.UK website
Epping Forest District Council services
Revenue and Benefits – get advice and support with claiming housing benefit, Council Tax support, disabled relief, single person’s discounts, issuing of foodbank vouchers.
- Call 01992 564000
- Fill in a general enquiry form
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (EPUT)
EPUT is providing 2 different services at the hub.
- Community mental health services will provide triage, assessment and treatment for individuals with mental health needs in the community.
- Employ-Ability is for those receiving secondary mental health care. They have 3 services on offer; Individual placement and support service, helping to produce a plan/cv and identify specific support needs to ensure a good job match; Job Retention, supporting those in primary and secondary services who’s jobs are at risk as a result of their mental ill health and; HeadsUp, designed to support people with common mental health problems and progress them from long term unemployment into employment or training.
For the Community mental health service contact:
For the Employ-Ability initiative contact
IPS Lead Employment Specialist
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 07827 885925
Retention Lead Specialist
- Email email@example.com
- Call 07827 885924
HeadsUp Project Coordinator
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 07932 373616