Helping and being helped
Call our coronavirus helpline on 01992 564088 or see our dedicated coronavirus webpages for changes and updates to our services.
Getting help to vulnerable residents
Epping Forest District Council (EFDC) is working with Voluntary Action Epping Forest (VAEF) to provide food and support to the district’s most vulnerable residents. We want to make sure everyone in the Epping Forest district has the support they need during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
We have identified 2 groups of people that most need our support:
- The most vulnerable to coronavirus due to age and serious pre-existing health conditions. These people are being identified and contacted through the NHS or social care providers
- People who are who are also considered vulnerable because they are over the age of 70, are pregnant, or have underlying health conditions, and they do not have friends or family to support them
I need help
Are you an Epping Forest district resident requiring support during COVID-19?
EFDC and VAEF are working together on a coordinated system to offer additional support to residents in need.
- Call the EFDC helpline on 01992 564088
- Contact VAEF by email – Email firstname.lastname@example.org
I want to help
If you want to volunteer to help please complete VAEFs volunteer form.
NHS Volunteer Responders
NHS Volunteer Responders has been set up to support the NHS and the care sector during the COVID-19 outbreak. An ‘army’ of volunteers is needed who can support the 1.5m people in England who are at most risk from the virus to stay well.
Here are the ways you can support:
- Community Response volunteer
- Patient Transport volunteer
- NHS Transport volunteer
- Check-in and chat volunteer
You can help by signing up for one or more of the tasks listed. Once you have registered and checks are complete you will be provided a log-in to the GoodSAM Responder app. Switch the app to ‘on duty’, and you’ll see live and local volunteer tasks to pick from nearby.