Income Tax and VAT
Let’s keep life moving
Coronavirus remains a serious health risk. You should stay cautious to help protect yourself and others.
- Fresh air – Meet outside, or open windows and doors for indoor visitors
- Testing – If you think you have symptoms stay at home and take a PCR test
- Face coverings – Wear face coverings in crowded places and on public transport
- App – Check in to venues when you go out
- Handwashing – Wash your hands with soap regularly, and for at least 20 seconds
- Get vaccinated if you’re 18 or over
If you run a business or are self-employed and are concerned about paying your tax due to coronavirus, you can call HMRC’s helpline for help and advice on 0800 024 1222.
Temporary changes to the VAT payments due between 20 March 2020 and 30 June 2020 to help businesses manage their cash flow.
GOV.UK – Pay no import duty and VAT on medical supplies, equipment and protective garments (COVID-19)
Find out how to pay no import duty and VAT on protective equipment, relevant medical devices or equipment brought into the UK from non-EU countries during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.