Support for residents
Let’s keep life moving
Coronavirus remains a serious health risk. You should stay cautious to help protect yourself and others.
- Fresh air – Meet outside, or open windows and doors for indoor visitors
- Testing – If you think you have symptoms stay at home and take a PCR test
- Face coverings – Wear face coverings in crowded places and on public transport
- App – Check in to venues when you go out
- Handwashing – Wash your hands with soap regularly, and for at least 20 seconds
- Get vaccinated if you’re 18 or over
Information on how you can get your life back on track and make yourself more employable again.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) support is available:
- Everyone who can work from home must do so
- If you cannot work from home, plan your journey to avoid crowds
- The furlough scheme is extended until 30 September
- The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme will be extended until 30 September – you may be eligible if you submitted a tax return for the 2019 to 2020 tax year
Information on claiming benefits and financial support.
Guidance for landlords and private sector tenants.