National lockdown: Stay at Home
- You must stay at home. This is the single most important action we can all take to protect the NHS and save lives.
- You must not leave your home unless necessary.
- Stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household or bubble.
There are many community groups offering help and advice on social media.
- Essex Coronavirus Action
- Loughton, Epping, Ongar and Surroundings Covid-19 Support Group
- Loughton and Buckhurst Hill COVID-19 Mutual Aid
- Nextdoor – a forum offering advice on everything in your area
On behalf of Essex County Council and the NHS, Virgin Care and Barnardo’s provide a range of child and family services throughout Essex that are free at the point of delivery.
Staying active is really important for all of our mental health and wellbeing. Active Essex have compiled some ideas and videos on how you can keep active when you’re at home, if you are well enough.
Essex Libraries have thousands of e-books, e-audiobooks, e-comics, e-magazines and e-newspapers available through Borrowbox, RBdigital and PressReader.
Loads of online activities for young people. Most are aimed at 13+ but they do offer some activities for younger children.
From using online health services to staying in touch with friends and family, Digital Unite have some digital guides to help you and your learners during these challenging times.
United in Kind are people around Essex who are committed to tackling loneliness and isolation through acts of kindness.