Find out what your local community is doing and how you can help.
News 26 March – The UK Government has launched a GOV.UK Coronavirus Information service on WhatsApp.
There are many community groups offering help and advice on social media.
- Essex Coronavirus Action
- Loughton, Epping, Ongar and Surroundings Covid-19 Support Group
- Loughton and Buckhurst Hill COVID-19 Mutual Aid
- Nextdoor – a forum offering advice on everything in your area
A helping hand from Digital Unite
From using online health services to staying in touch with friends and family, Digital Unite have some digital guides to help you and your learners during these challenging times. Stay safe.
Health & wellbeing
- Email and Skype
- Social media
- Remote working
- Hobbies and interests
- Online shopping
- Indoor activities with kids
#ViralKindness is a postcard aimed at helping people who are self-isolating during the coronavirus pandemic. The shareable cards allow people to offer help to their neighbours.
- ViralKindness self-isolating form (pdf 40KB)
- BBC news – Coronavirus: Postcard bid to help self-isolating neighbours