Members of Epping Forest District Council met on Tuesday 30 July 2019. The meeting is now available to view online.
Councillor Helen Kane began the meeting with a heartfelt introduction, reiterating her pledge to support the Chairman, the Council and her promise to promote the district in her position as Vice Chairman of Council this year.
Praise indeed for Youth Council
Council Leader Chris Whitbread praised the Youth Councillors for their successful red carpet launch event for the ‘We R Safe’ project last month. Further congratulations were received from Matt Magee Assistant Private Secretary to Her Majesty the Queen.
The Youth Council developed 5 short films highlighting support and guidance for young people to build confidence and resilience around their personal safety.
Reports were received by the Leader and Cabinet members, items included the Harlow Garden Town project, the Council’s Corporate Plan, North Weald Airfield Masterplan and enforcement among others.
Read the Cabinet reports
- Business services report – Councillor Syd Stavrou
- Commercial and regulatory services – Councillor Aniket Patel
- Community and partnerships – Councillor Nigel Bedford
- Contracts and technical – Councillor Nigel Avey
- Customer services – Councillor Sam Kane
- Housing and property services – Councillor Holly Whitbread
- Planning services – Councillor John Philip
- Strategic projects – Councillor Alan Lion
Other matters discussed at Full Council include questions to portfolio holders from members about air quality, idling vehicles and no parking zones around schools, cycling stands, the recent case of sub-letting in Westminster and Council house building. Councillors also received the Council’s Overview and Scrutiny Committee annual report.