Single person discount
If you live on your own you are entitled to a 25% discount.
We do not count some people when we look at the number of adults residing in a property for Council Tax purposes. These are shown in the list below
• Full-time students (including student nurses, apprentices and youth trainees)
• People who live in hospital
• People who live in care homes
• People who are severely mentally disabled
• 18 and 19 year olds who are at, or have just left school
• Some care workers
• People who care for someone with a disability who is not their husband, wife, partner or child under 18 years
• Members of visiting forces
• Members of religious communities such as nuns
• People in prison (unless they are in prison for not paying their Council Tax or a fine)
If the number of persons being counted for council tax purposes remain at 2 or above despite some members of the household not being counted, the charge will remain payable in full.