Council Tax energy rebate
On 3 February 2022 the Government announced a payment of £150 to support people with the rising costs of energy.
By the 21 July we have:
- Paid £150 to 21,196 Direct Debit payers in bands A to D
- Paid £150 to 3,364 non Direct Debit payers in bands A to D that applied for the rebate online
- Credited 7,261 Council Tax accounts in bands A to D with £150 for customers that did not apply online
Customers whose Council Tax account balance is in credit will be written to shortly.
Customers whose account is not in credit will be able to reduce their instalments up to a total of £150. You will not receive a revised bill.
You can check your Council Tax account online using our online portal.
Discretionary scheme and household support fund
We have now made all additional discretionary scheme and Essex County Council funded household support fund (HSF) payments to eligible Direct Debit customers and customers where we have bank details. For customers who didn’t supply their bank details, a credit was made to their council tax account. Letters confirming payment will be posted by 16 August 2022.
on 12 August we:
- Paid a total of £22,280.00 to 268 accounts
- Credited a total of £145,405.00 to 2,573 council tax accounts
Find our more including eligibility criteria: