Reduction for disabled relief
If you are disabled or you have a disabled person living with you who needs:
- An extra room
- An extra bathroom or kitchen
- Extra space to use a wheelchair
You may be entitled to disabled relief.
When applying online you will be asked to attach relevant documents and information. You will be given an application number so you can log back into complete the form.
Disabled relief is a reduction of your Council Tax liability, which can be awarded where we are satisfied that:
- A room which is not a bathroom, kitchen or lavatory, which is used predominantly by the disabled resident and is required for meeting their needs (the room may be used for providing therapy or otherwise)
- An additional bathroom or kitchen (i.e. one which is not the only bathroom or kitchen within the dwelling) which is required for meeting the needs of the disabled resident
- Sufficient floor space to permit the use of, and use is made of, a wheelchair indoors, which is required for meeting the needs of the disabled resident
If possible a note from a qualified professional such as an occupational therapist or social worker should be provided with the application. This should help confirm a disability and indicate whether the additional space or room is essential to the wellbeing of the disabled person.
If you require any further information email Counciltax@eppingforestdc.gov.uk.