Report Council Tax fraud
Council Tax fraud is committed by claiming benefits they are not entitled to.
For example by:
- Not reporting a change in circumstance
- Providing false information
Report Housing Benefit fraud
The Department for Works and Pension (DWP) are responsible for investigating Housing Benefit related fraud.
You can also report Housing Benefit fraud by telephone or post:
- Call 0800 854440
- Post to National Benefit Fraud Hotline, Mail Handling Site A, Wolverhampton, WV98 2BP
Report Council Tax related fraud
If you suspect someone of committing Council Tax fraud please report it.
You can also report benefit fraud by telephone, email or post:
- Call 01992 564444
- Email Investigations@eppingforestdc.gov.uk
- Post to Corporate Fraud, Epping Forest District Council, Civic Offices, 323 High Street, Epping, CM16 4BZ – please mark all correspondence private and confidential
What happens next?
Once suspected fraud is reported, the team will use the information given as part of an investigation. Our investigations may take some time and action taken may not always be obvious to a third party.
We are unable to give updates on the progress of an investigation to the person who reported it.