The Government has announced measures to support businesses during the coronavirus outbreak.
Support measures include:
- Increased business rates retail discount from 50% to 100%
- Extending business rates retail discount to the leisure and hospitality sectors for 1 year
- Pub relief increased to £5,000
- One-off grants for to those in receipt of small business rate relief
The Government will be issuing us with guidance on how to apply these new support measures in the next few days and we will let businesses know if they need to take further action to access this support.
Difficult time for businesses
Cllr Chris Whitbread, Leader of the Council said:
Please keep in touch with our website for further information. We recognise this is a very difficult time for businesses and will apply this support as soon as we can.
- GOV.UK – Coronavirus – Business support to launch from today
- HM Government – Coronavirus Business Support
Keep up to date
Keep in touch with our latest news, service updates and reports.