Have your say on our street market policy.
Many of the district’s town hold regular street markets which we recognise as important and positive contributions to the local economy and the character of a town. To help protect, manage and enhance these markets, we are putting together a new policy and giving residents, businesses and market traders the opportunity to feed into it.
The new policy will cover many different elements and aims to:
- Create a market trading environment that compliments the surrounding area and retail offer
- Recognise the importance and contribution of markets to the wellbeing of the local economy
- Enhance the economic diversity of the area
- Protect and, where possible, enhance the amenity and character of the district and its communities
- Offer opportunity for local traders and businesses
- Provide traders with guidance and clarity
- Encourage residents to spend locally on their high streets and support the local business community
- Ensure coherence with Council policies and relevant legislation
- Promote fairness, transparency and consistency
Consultation is open
The consultation was launched on Friday 5 November 2021.
The deadline for any comments is Monday 6 December 2021.
If adopted, the policy will provide guidance for anyone wishing to hold private, commercial and/or charity markets together with car boot sales or similar across the Epping Forest district.
Have your say
Please send your comments to our licensing team manager
- Post Epping Forest District Council, Civic Offices, 323 High Street Epping CM16 4BZ
- Email email@example.com (use the subject heading Market Policy Consultation)
- Call 01992 564721
Keep up to date
Keep in touch with our latest news, service updates and reports.