FOR ALL AGES
Family fun drop-in activities
Join us at the museum on Tuesdays during Essex school holidays for some family fun.
Activities are most suitable for 5 to 11 years old, but all ages are welcome to come along.
Cost £2.40 per child. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Activities are available between 10:30am and 3:30pm on the following dates. You only need to allow about 30 minutes to complete the activity.
There’s no need to book, just drop in on the day.
- 25 October 2022 – Make an Ancient Egyptian Anubis Mask
Toddler Tuesdays take place once a month during term time. Each month we take a different nursery rhyme as our theme. We explore real museum objects connected with the rhyme, learn the words and sing it with actions.
We read a story together, then make a craft activity – usually something that encourage simple role or game playing so you can continue enjoying the session together back at home.
These sessions are ideal for Toddlers from 18 months to 4 years to help them become ‘school ready’. They’ll learn about routine, different activities, taking turns, and develop social, language and motor skills.
£2.40 per child. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Times: 10am to 11am or 11am to 12 noon
- 6 Sept 2022 – Hickory Dickory Dock
- 4 Oct 2022 – Polly Put the Kettle On
- 8 Nov 2022 – Grand Old Duke of York
- 6 Dec 2022 – Twinkle Twinkle
- 10 Jan 2023 – Humpty Dumpty
- 7 Feb 2023 – Higgledy, Piggledy My Black Hen
- 7 March 2023 – One, Two, Three, Four, Five
- 9 May 2023 – In the Merry Month of May
- 13 June 2023 – Pat a Cake
- 4 July 2023 – Incy Wincy Spider
You must book in advance as there are limited spaces available:
- Call 01992 564994
- Email email@example.com
Visiting the museum with young children
The museum is very child friendly. There are explorer kits – hats, magnifying, glasses and torches to take around the museum and see what amazing things you can find. Have your own tea party with our popular Victorian stove with lots of play food!