FOR ALL AGES
Family fun drop-in activities
Join us at the museum on Tuesdays during Essex school holidays for some family fun.
Activities are most suitable for 5 to 11 years old, but all ages are welcome to come along.
Cost £2.40 per child. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Activities are available between 10:30am and 3:30pm on the following dates. You only need to allow about 30 minutes to complete the activity.
There’s no need to book, just drop in on the day.
- 26 July 2022 – Make a creature from clay
- 2 August 2022 – Make your own animal mask
- 9 August 2022 – Print your own animal picture
- 16 August 2022 – Make your own paper puppet pet
- 23 August 2022 – Make a creature from clay
- 25 October 2022 – Make an Ancient Egyptian Cat Goddess
Toddler Tuesdays take place once a month during term time. Each month we take a different nursery rhyme as our theme. We explore real museum objects connected with the rhyme, learn the words and sing it with actions.
We read a story together, then make a craft activity – usually something that encourage simple role or game playing so you can continue enjoying the session together back at home.
These sessions are ideal for Toddlers from 18 months to 4 years to help them become ‘school ready’. They’ll learn about routine, different activities, taking turns, and develop social, language and motor skills.
- 19 July 2022 Baa Baa Black Sheep
- 10am to 11am or
- 11am to 12 midday
Pre-booking essential but pay on the day:
- Call 01992 564994
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost £2.40 per session