Phase Two has provided 51 new affordable rented homes in Loughton.
We are one of the first local authorities to launch a new build programme of council homes for rent after many years of stagnation in the sector. We are also investing £6.37m in 18 homes for sale on the open market across the district, to boost its stock of homes for rent.
The development comprises 3 blocks:
- Davis Court is named after former Loughton Broadway Councillor Joan Davis, as a tribute to her decades of service to the local community
- Churchill Court is named after local MP and former Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill.
- Burton Road is a terrace of houses numbered 1-33
We couldn’t be happier
A one-bedroom flat in Davis Court is the first home for Jason Falco and fiancée Jodie Hyams, after living with parents for several years. They are delighted with their brand-new council home.
We were gobsmacked when we went to view the new property. It is quite big for a flat and the layout is spacious. We couldn’t be happier in our first home together.
These homes are built on a former under-used garage site. They are energy-efficient and conform to the Government’s Decent Homes Standard.
Over 300 new affordable homes
These homes are the latest completions in the district-wide council housebuilding programme which will see over 300 new affordable homes built by 2024.
- Phase One was completed in 2017 with 23 new affordable homes built in Waltham Abbey, all let to local residents in housing need
- Phase Two was completed in 2020
- Phase Three will deliver a total of 34 new affordable homes over 8 sites in Epping, North Weald and Coopersale and is on schedule for completion by August 2020
Committed to making the best use of our housing stock
Councillor Holly Whitbread, Portfolio Holder for Housing and Property Services, said:
We are committed to making the best use of our housing stock and are continuing to build new homes for people in housing need within our community. We are proud to be working with residents and partners, building more well-designed homes for affordable rent in our district.
Keep up to date
Keep in touch with our latest news, service updates and reports.