Welcome to North Weald Airfield
North Weald Airfield is an operational general aviation aerodrome located in North Weald Bassett – Epping Forest, Essex. The airfield was granted listed status in 2005.
North Weald has over 40,000 movements per annum and this is going to increase further, connecting people from Essex and London, with destinations across England and abroad by air travel.
It is the home of North Weald Airfield Museum, situated at what was the main entrance of the famous Battle of Britain Fighter base – RAF North Weald. The museum tells the epic story of the airfield and its people since it opened in 1916.
There is a large Saturday market based on the airfield which draws huge crowds from around Essex and North London.
03rd December 2022
- Runway: 02 LH circuit
- Wind: 050 – 8kts
- Visibility estimate: 10km +
- Cloud base: SCT 2220ft
- QNH: 1018
- Airfield closed: 16:54 (local)
Air /Ground radio 123.530. Prior permission required (PPR) call 01992 564740
- Runway 30/12 no longer in use
- B2 taxiway is: Closed for the winter
- Grass runway: Closed for the winter
- Landing Fees apply for visiting Aircraft
- Fire Cover: CAT 1
- No Visiting helicopter circuits
- Circuits limited to 6