A meeting of Overview and Scrutiny on Tuesday 4 June 2019 saw Epping Forest District Council Leader Chris Whitbread outline the council’s corporate objectives.Members were also appointed to the Select Committees and their respective work programmes were agreed for the year ahead.
Leader of Council, Chris Whitbread gave Councillors an overview of the Council’s corporate priorities for 2019/2020. He said: “Our priorities for 2019/2020 are contained within our new corporate action plan, which has a revised set of KPI’s and a range of work programmes.
These are grouped under the core principals of:
- Stronger Communities
- Stronger Place
- Stronger Council
The Stronger Communities Select Committee is responsible for overseeing customer service, behaviours and insights and partnerships for the Council. Their programme of work includes projects on digital inclusion, customer service and the health and wellbeing of residents.
In his address to members, Councillor Whitbread said: “Engaging with the needs of our customers will be a key focus for us as we transform the way we deliver our services to our residents.”
Appointed Stronger Communities select committee
Chairman: Councillor Yolanda Knight (Conservative)
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Jo Share-Bernia (Conservative)
- Conservative – Councillor Ian Hadley, Councillor Jeane Lea, Councillor Jaymey McIvor, Councillor Ann Mitchell, Councillor Sheree Rackham
- Green Party – Councillor Dave Plummer
- Liberal Democrat – Councillor Janet Whitehouse
- Loughton Residents Association – Councillor Amy Beales and Councillor David Wixley
The Stronger Council Select Committee will scrutinise corporate projects such as the People Strategy, Accommodation and the digital enablement of the Councils workforce.
On the subject of ‘Stronger Council’ as a corporate objective the Leader Chris Whitbread added: “Through our People are ICT strategies, we’ll be delivering a range of projects to develop the skills and flexibility of this councils workforce – to meet the future needs and direction of the council.”
Appointed Stronger Council select committee
Chairman: Councillor Peter Bolton (Conservative)
Vice-Chairman: Councillor David Stocker (Conservative)
- Conservative – Councillor Richard Bassett, Councillor David Dorrell, Councillor Helen Kane, Councillor Sheree Rackham, (+1 to be advised)
- Liberal Democrat – Councillor John Whitehouse
- Loughton Residents Association – Councillor Judy Jennings and Councillor Howard Kauffman
The Stronger Place Select Committee will provide scrutiny for corporate projects such as the Local Plan, St Johns Road development, the council house building programme and economic growth, skills and employment within the district.
“Following the completion of the Local Plan inspection, we will be starting work on the implementation plan” said Councillor Chris Whitbread. He continued: “this will see the range of development and economic development proposals realised across the district.”
Appointed Stronger Place select committee
Chairman: Councillor Darshan Sunger (Conservative)
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Steven Heather (Conservative)
- Conservative – Councillor Les Burrows, Councillor Ian Hadley, Councillor Sue Jones, Councillor Jaymey McIvor, Councillor Richard Morgan
- Green Party – Councillor Steven Neville
- Liberal Democrat – Councillor Cherry McCredie
- Loughton Residents Association – Councillor Rose Brookes and Councillor Michael Owen