We will be running Play in the Park, with an exciting twist for 2020.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are unable to deliver our usual jam-packed summer programme but are pleased to announce a full schedule of Play in the Park sessions.
This scheme is all about playing and having fun outdoors. The difference for 2020 is you will be given a fun-filled activity pack, which includes craft activities and games, to take home.
Check times and locations
There is no need to book, just turn up on the day and pick up your take-away pack. All sessions are free. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult when attending.
See list of areas offering sessions:
- Abridge Playing Fields, Abridge
- Elizabeth Close Play Area, Nazeing
- Epping Playing Fields, Epping Upland
- Parish Hall Common, Thornwood
- Queens Hall Memorial Playing Field, North Weald
- Roding Valley Recreation Ground, Buckhurst Hill
- Roding Valley Recreation Ground, Loughton
- Roydon Playing Fields, Roydon
- Shelley Park, Ongar
- Stonards Hill Recreation Ground, Epping
- The Bobbingworth Nature Reserve, Moreton and Bobbingworth
- Town Mead Leisure Park, Waltham Abbey
- Limes Green and Station Green, Chigwell
Play in the Park Take-away is free thanks to the partnership and support of the Town and Parish Councils.
Enjoy the activities provided at a safe distance in the park, within your own bubble.
Epping Forest District Council is committed to providing the best service for the community and will be following government guidelines to ensure social distancing and cleaning and hygiene measures are followed.
Staff will be on-hand throughout each session but will not be delivering any activities as part of the safety guidelines.
Track and Trace
Please note, before receiving your pack you will need to register your name and phone number for track and trace purposes.
Keep up to date
Keep in touch with our latest news, service updates and reports.