A review of the polling districts, polling places and polling stations carried out earlier this year in Epping Forest was presented to councillors at a meeting on 30 July 2019.
The review was ratified by councillors, with the result that some residents in Rayfield and Coopersale Street, Epping will have new polling stations at the next election.
The review by our Returning Officer took place between 18 February and 30 July 2019 this year and electors were invited to make representations about the existing polling districts and polling places, and to suggest alternatives.
Changes for Epping
Councillors agreed the following changes:
- The alteration of the polling station for residents of house numbers 1-25 in Rayfield, Epping from polling district AN to polling district AO, resulting in the polling station for these electors being the Epping Town Council Offices in St. John’s Road, rather than the Epping United Reformed Church in Lindsey Street
- The alteration of the polling station for residents of house numbers 2-38 in Coopersale Street, Epping from polling district AK to polling district AL, resulting in the polling station for these electors being the Coopersale Social Institute, rather than the Scout Hut in Flux’s Lane, Epping
Full details of the proposals will be included in the revised electoral register to be published on 1 December 2019.
Documents available for inspection:
- Correspondence sent to Returning Officers and others in relation to the review (pdf 78KB)
- Correspondence sent to persons with expertise in relation to access to premises for disabled people (pdf 59KB)
- Responses to the consultation exercise (pdf 332KB)
- Minutes of meetings of the council at which consideration was given to the review of polling districts and places (pdf 225KB)
- Details of the designation of polling districts, polling places and polling stations as a result of the review (pdf 147KB)
Residents can inspect copies of the review at:
- Main Reception Desk, Epping Forest District Council, Civic Offices, High Street, Epping, CM16 4BZ
- Electoral Registration Office, Town Hall, Ingrave Road, Brentwood, Essex CM15 8AY
- Harlow Elections office at Latton Bush Centre, Southern Way, Harlow, Essex CM18 7BL. Call 01279 446043 to arrange an appointment
- The Parish Office, of North Weald Bassett Parish Council, in the Library at 138 High Road, North Weald. By prior appointment with the Parish Clerk on 01992 523825