We have a duty to divide our area into polling districts and to designate polling places for each district and to review these arrangements every 5 years.
The Electoral Registration and Administration Act 2013 introduced a change to the timing of these compulsory reviews and the next review must be completed by 31 January 2020.
The review is designed to assess whether the existing polling districts and polling places in the district suit the needs of voters and covers the following:
- The polling district boundaries within each ward in the district
- The location of the polling places and stations in each polling district
- The access to each polling station
We are not able to consider the following as part of the review:
- Ward boundaries
- Constituency boundaries
Notice of the undertaking of the review and arrangements for making representations on the designation of polling districts and polling places are set out in the following documents:
- Notice of Review
- Brentwood & Ongar Constituency – Existing Polling Districts & Polling Places
- Epping Forest Constituency – Existing Polling Districts & Polling Places
- Harlow Constituency – Polling Districts & Polling Places
As part of the review, the Council is required to publish any representations made by the Acting Returning Officers for the Brentwood and Ongar, Epping Forest and Harlow Parliamentary Constituencies. These can be downloaded below: