Download the NHS track and trace app to help protect your family, friends and those you come into contact with.
The NHS app alerts you when you’ve been exposed to someone that has tested positive to coronavirus. The quicker you know, the quicker you can alert your loved ones and others to keep them safe.
Through the app you will receive updates on the risk level in your local area, you can easily check into venues with the QR code scanner, check your symptoms and book a free coronavirus tests.
- Trace: find out when you’ve been near other app users who have tested positive for coronavirus.
- Alert: lets you know the level of coronavirus risk in your postcode district.
- Check-in: get alerted if you’ve visited a venue where you may have come into contact with coronavirus, using a simple QR code scanner. No more form filling.
- Symptoms: check if you have coronavirus symptoms and see if you need to order a test.
- Test: helps you order a test if you need to.
- Isolate: keep track of your self-isolation countdown and access relevant advice.
Cabinet member, Councillor Holly Whitbread said:
The more of us that download and use this app, the better our control of coronavirus.
It will tell you what the risk is in your local area, register yourself for track and trace and most importantly it will tell you if you have been in contact with anyone that had had coronavirus.
So download this important app today.
Help protect your loved ones, your friends and our whole community.
Track and Trace heralds the next steps in detecting the virus – ‘mass testing’. The increase in testing will pick up cases that would otherwise have gone undetected, helping us in the fight against the spread of the virus.
Essex will soon be part of the roll-out of ‘mass testing’. The Department of Public Health are working towards establishing how these tests can be deployed to maximise benefit.
From 28 September 2020 we are all required by law to self-isolate if we test positive for COVID-19 or if we are identified as a contact of someone who has tested positive by the NHS Test and Trace scheme.
Find out more about the Test and Trace support payment.
Keep up to date
Keep in touch with our latest news, service updates and reports.