Here is another chance to watch the webinar from our housing team, held on 20 January.
Agenda and speakers list
- Foreword from Housing and Communities Portfolio Holder – Councillor Holly Whitbread (2.50)
- Vision for the future – Deborah Fenton (6.02)
- Qualis Group – Ben Johnson (12.55)
- Looking back 12 months – Deborah Fenton (30.35)
- The council’s new house building programme – Rochelle Hoyte (46.08)
- Service charges – Deborah Fenton (58.23)
- Planned maintenance – Dean Epton (1.02.25)
- The More than Bricks and Mortar project – Rachel Smith (1.22.00)
- Social housing white paper – Wyn Marshall (1.33.55)
At the heart of everything we do
Our first housing webinar, on Wednesday 20 January, gave attendees the chance to learn more about service charges, the ‘More than Bricks and Mortar’ project, Qualis Group, Council House Building programme and planned maintenance our plans; as well as the opportunity to ask questions.
Keeping our residents engaged and putting them at the heart of everything we do has been our goal throughout the pandemic. We were also able to gather lots of valuable feedback and respond to the questions on our residents’ minds.
The webinar format provided the team with a great opportunity to tell residents about a number of exciting projects that we’re working on including the ‘More than Bricks and Mortar’ scheme. This scheme aims to get our residents working with us on a range of improvement projects that enhance the look, feel and experience of living on one of the council’s estates.
Participants also received updates on Qualis Management, the council’s new house building programme and planned upcoming maintenance works.
Projects which benefit the whole district
Councillor Holly Whitbread, Portfolio Holder for Housing and Community Services said:
It is brilliant that the housing team is effectively engaging through modern technology. In this period of lockdown, it is vital that we stay in touch and listen to the views of our tenants and residents.
The housing team does some wonderful work – from delivering new, high quality housing across the district to enhancing and maintaining our properties and estates. I am proud to be the Cabinet Member for Housing, the housing team is working on exciting and innovative projects which will benefit the whole district, as well as doing vital work supporting the most vulnerable in our local community.
Keep up to date
Keep in touch with our latest news, service updates and reports.